To correctly execute the latest version of Personal Taxprep, your computer system must have the following:
Dual Core processor (Quad Core processor is recommended)
Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) except for Basic Edition*
Note: Please note that in version 8.1 of Windows, a display size greater than 100% is not supported.
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit) except for Education and Home Editions*
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019
- Citrix XenApp 7.11
* For more information on the different Windows Editions, and their respective minimum requirements, consult the Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft article to proceed with its configuration.
A minimum of 2 GB of RAM is required.
Note: RAM requirements are highly dependent on the operating system used. Please consult the documentation provided with your operating system for minimum and recommended RAM requirements.
Microsoft .Net Framework v.4.7.2 or higher is required.
- An Internet connection is required to use the various electronic services provided by Personal Taxprep.
- The TLS 1.2 protocol must be enabled in the Internet Explorer 11 browser settings.
If you can access the CRA’s Represent a client service with your Web browser, you should be able to
use TaxprepConnect with your configuration.
If you are using the Microsoft Edge Web browser, make sure that you are using version 80 or more recent to open a new window when authenticating to the CRA’s Represent a client service in Taxprep. Otherwise, the window will open in a new tab.